Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sweet 16...

 Good Morning! Hope it's warmer where you are than where I am...yesturday morning, we recorded -8 for the temp and -35 with the wind chill! And it's not much warmer this morning :(

Our Daughter is still recuperating from Bronchitis,  so over the weekend I prepared for a relatives Sweet 16 coming up and it made me realize how quickly time goes. We spend day after day preparing our Children for "Life", going thru the motions, handling the cooking, the cleaning, the dressing, being a "limo" driver to all the sports, dance & various activities as well as playdates and then sleepovers and .....well the list goes on and on! Then one day, as if it happened overnight, theyre all grown up doing these things for themselves and all of a sudden we realize the time we were coveting to be able to enjoy that "hot" cup of coffee or a quiet dinner is here and we would give ANYTHING to just go back to the "middle of the night feedings" and just start over again...but we can't,  and so I've come to realize it's those little things that are sometimes overwhelming that matter and that we should try our very best to enjoy. They grow up way to fas and at almost 10yrs old, our Daughter has started to remind us, "I'm not so little anymore! "!

With that said, here's what I came up with,  a Tri-fold Sweet 16 Birthday Card.  The base was AC Moore Cardstock and the Patterned Paper is from a Birthday Stack I've been waiting for the perfect project to use on. I used the Alphabet Cartridge that came with my Cricut for the sentiment base, which was cut out of an iridescent gift bag I had in my stash (finally I could tell my Fiancé, "See I told you I would use it!"). The sentiment was rubber stamped and embossed with a Glittery Embossing Powder.  The glittery "16th" was die cut from the Cricut and the gifts & glittered letters came from my stash. I LOVE LOVE LOVE making things with fancy or surprising elements, so this fancy fold was perfect for the occasion!  Hope you like it, and remeber, take today on just for today and enjoy the simple things because life goes by way too fast!





No comments:

Post a Comment