Friday, March 28, 2014

My First Card Order!


Good Morning!  It's been a few days since my last post and I am happy to report Jocelyn is finally over her Bronchitis/Pneumonia!  She is slowly increasing activity, but is only doing half days at school...till next week anyways. 

I finally got around to finishing a 3 card order that had been on my desk for awhile, and this is the first! Although Sympathy Cards are my least favorite to make, I know they bring comfort in a time of great need. The Cardstock Base in Pale Yellow is from a local print shop, as are the Bright Yellow Embossed Layer using a Darice Folder, the Black Mat and the White Mat. I Heat Embossed in Black the lovely Bouquet from Inkadinkado and colored it with various Sharpies and Bic Markers, then added Glitter Glue to the petals and Glossy Accents to the Vase to make it look like glass. Of course, my Signature Rhinestones and Ribbon/Bows were added for Embellishments.  The curvy shapes on the card front/inside were die cut with my Cricut using the Craft Room Basics. I alsi hand wrote the sentiments, which I usually shutter to do, but basically had no choice since I didn't have the proper stickers or rub ons for the occasion.."Invention is the Mother of Necessity"! Last but not least,  I heat embossed in iridescent gold the same bouquet on the envelope to match.
It was well received,  for which I am Grateful my Creativity brought a slight sense of Peace in a difficult time!





Thanks for stopping by! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment